Nursery Admissions are the responsibility of Harefield Infant School. Parents need to apply directly to the school. If you have a child of Nursery age and are interested in a place, please give the School Office a call and we can add them to the Nursery Waiting List. All parents are eligible for 15 hours free Early Years education.
Information on admissions to Reception, Year 1 and Year 2
HOW ARE DECISIONS CURRENTLY MADE ABOUT SCHOOL PLACES ?:
All admissions to Harefield Infant School are the responsibility of Hillingdon Local Authority. Our current admission number is 90 per year group which are organised into 3 classes. If there are enough places at the School for all applicants, then everyone will be offered a place. If there are more applications than places available, they will be put in order of priority, as follows:
- Children who suffer from a long term medical or psychological condition, or who have been assessed by the LA as having special educational needs, which makes it necessary for them to attend a particular school.
- Children in public care where the first preference school is the nearest maintained primary school to the normal place of residence.
- Children who have a member of the immediate family whose medical or psychological condition makes it necessary for the children to attend a particular school.
- Children who will have an older brother or sister living in the same household or elsewhere who will still be attending the school (including a paired junior school) at the beginning of the term in which the younger child starts full-time education.
- Children whose parents name the particular school as their first preference and who live nearest the school, measured in a straight line from the school to the home.
- Children whose parents name the particular school as their second preference. Places will be allocated only after all first preference applications have been considered. Distance from home to school in a straight line is the only criterion.
- Children whose parents name the particular school as their third preference. Places will be allocated only after all second preference applications have been considered. Distance from home to school in a straight line is the only criterion.
How to Apply
If you have a child who is due to start in our Reception Classes at Harefield Infant School or Year 3 at Harefield Junior School in 2017, applications are now open. The deadline for applying for primary applications is 15 January 2017.
Parents and guardians must apply to the local authority in which they live and the decision whether a place is offered will be made by each school admission authority.
Primary School Admissions - Reception
Children born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013
If your child attends Harefield Nursery School you still need to apply for a place in our Recetion Class. You MUST apply before 15 January 2017 to get a place in full time school .
To apply online, go to:
Junior School Admissions
Children born between 1 September 2009 and 31 August 2010
If your child attends Harefield Infant School, to get a place in Harefield Junior School , you MUST still apply before 15 January 2017
To apply online please go to:-
In Year Admissions
Are you a Hillingdon resident?
For details on information sessions, deadline dates and to apply online, go to:
If you do not have internet access, you can obtain a brochure and paper application form by calling 01895 556644.